Journal Profile Publication schedule: June and November Language: English, Indonesia (2018-2022) APC: No publication or submission feeAccreditation (S3): Indonesian Ministry of Res. Tech. & Higher Edu. (No. 105/E/KPT/2022)Hardcopy order: Click Here
DownloadTemplate: .docx, Latex, OverleafAuthors guidelines: .pdfAccreditation: Certificate, DecreeCopyright transfer: Form
JFMA is supported by the Indonesian Mathematical Society Regional D.I. Yogyakarta-Central Java
JFMA welcomes both theoretical and applied research work to be published in the journal. The topics include but are not limited to:
(1) Mathematical analysis and geometry
(2) Algebra and combinatorics
(3) Discrete Mathematics
(4) Mathematical physics
(6) Numerical method and computation
(7) Operation research and optimization
(8) Mathematical modeling
(9) Mathematical Logic in Computer Science, Informatics, etc.
JFMA is a peer-reviewed journal. Below are review process policies for articles submitted to JFMA:
(1) The number of reviewers for each article is typically two. The editors are always trying to assign an article to a reviewer who has expertise related to the topic of the article.
(2) JMFA used a review form as guidance for the reviewer to judge the submission. The form is containing the following terms: the agreement of the manuscript to JFMA's aim and scope, novelty, originality, writing accuracy, contribution to science, result & discussion, and reviewer decision. Furthermore, reviewers can write their comments and upload an attachment file regarding the review result.
(3) Commonly, submission needs to take around 1 to 3 months to be reviewed. However, this depends on the topic of your manuscript and on how long the reviewers need to give comments. It could be harder for some topics to find the appropriate reviewers.
(4) The editorial team board member is recruiting reviewers based on their expertise to gain the quality of the published articles.
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
Journal of Fundamental Mathematics and Applications (JFMA) is an Indonesian Journal published by Dept. of Mathematics, Diponegoro University. All articles submitted to JFMA will be following a peer-review process before publishing. The following statements clarify the ethical behavior of all parties in this publishing system including author, editor in chief, editorial team member, reviewer, and the publisher:
(1) The submitted manuscript is not being considered for submission or publication in other publishers (conferences/journals).
(2) The editor is responsible to decide which article(s) to be published in an issue
(3) The editor should evaluate a submission for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the author(s).
(4) The unpublished materials disclosed in a submission must not be used by an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
(5) JFMA provides immediate open access to its content.
(1) The author(s) should present an accurate work as well as an objective discussion of the research.
(2) A submission should contain sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the work.
(3) Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behavior and are unacceptable.
(4) The author(s) should ensure that the submission is entirely original works, and if the author(s) have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted.
(5) Each author should not publish any material describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication.
(6) Authorship (first and co-authors) of a manuscript should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the research. Where there are others who have participated in certain substantive aspects of the research project, they should be acknowledged or listed as contributors.
(7) The corresponding author should ensure that all appropriate co-authors and no inappropriate co-authors are included in the manuscript and that all co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission to JFMA.
(8) If a paper is accepted for publication, the author(s) have to transfer the copyright to JFMA
(9) Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in JFMA.
(10) Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online prior to and during the submission process..
(1) The reviewer assists the editor in making decisions and may also assist the author in improving the paper.
(2) The reviewer should conduct the review process objectively, any personal criticism is inappropriate and the review comment should be stated clearly with supporting arguments.
(3) Any reviewer's statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by the relevant citation.
(4) The reviewer should call the editor if there is any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published work.
(5) Privileged information or ideas obtained through the review process must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage.
(6) The reviewer should not consider a submission in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the submission.
JFMA is currently indexed in:
Publishing articles in JFMA is free of charge. If the author(s) wish, JFMA is providing service for manuscript preparation in .doc or latex for IDR 750.000,-. The print version of published JFMA is available based on the reader/author request with fee IDR 300.000,- per number. JFMA is not providing translation and proofreading services, the author(s) is suggested to employ a professional translator/proofreader available worldwide before publishing the article.
Manuscript Preparation Guidance:
(1) The manuscript that is submitted is in .doc/.docx/.pdf file format which can be prepared by using Ms Word or Latex.
(2) The manuscript is at least containing a title, abstract, introduction, material and method (if needed), result and discussion, conclusion, and references.
(3) At initial submission, the manuscript is not required to use JFMA's template. It is required in the editing process.
(4) To format the citation, the author is suggested to use reference manager software e.g. Mendeley.
(5) The technical guidance about the manuscript preparation can be read in JFMA's template file.
(6) For JFMA's template, please refers to this link: DOWNLOAD.
All the publishing processes in JFMA is using this website. For submission tutorial, please refers to our guidance below:
One of the authors should sign the copyright form of the accepted manuscript before it will be published. The form can be downloaded HERE. The signed copyright transfer form should be scanned as a .pdf file and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. An article could not be published before this step is done.
JFMA is available in the hardcopy version. The price is IDR 250.000,- per number. Please order via this link: ORDER JFMA HARDCOPY.