skip to main content

The Study of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Implementation of Vehicle Rental Service Providers in Bali

Aat Eska Fahmadi  -  Automotive Technology Study Program, Polytechnic of Road Transportation Safety, Ministry of Transportation, Indonesia
Srianto Srianto  -  Automotive Technology Study Program, Polytechnic of Road Transportation Safety, Ministry of Transportation, Indonesia
*Moch Aziz Kurniawan  -  Automotive Technology Study Program, Polytechnic of Road Transportation Safety, Ministry of Transportation, Indonesia
Open Access Copyright (c) 2022 Aat Eska Fahmadi, Srianto Srianto, Moch Aziz Kurniawan
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Citation Format:

This paper examines how vehicle service companies in Bali have implemented their work and operational requirements. This study aims to find out whether vehicle service providers have implemented Standard Operating Procedures for tourists in Bali. This research is a descriptive research. The sample in this study were 42 service providers spread across the island of Bali.  The data collection methods was simple random sampling while the data analysis using content analysis.


According to the authors' data, only 18 (43%) of the companies that provided motor vehicle rental services had operational standards (SOP), while the other 24 (57%) either lacked them or couldn't prove they existed. 18 or more of these service providers, many of which merely verbally convey it. Other than that, there is still a gap between the work done by the 18 service providers and what is done in practice, such as when permits are issued to foreigners who lack an international license, carry a false identity, or give a permissions to Underage foreigners.


There is no legal framework that regulates the SOP for vehicle rental. So that makes the existing SOP very diverse. The legal framework regarding standardization of policies, regulatory requirements for motor vehicle leasing should be regulated by one of the policy makers, in this case the government.



Fulltext View|Download
Keywords: Tourists, Bali, SOP, Legal Protection, Vehicles

Article Metrics:

  1. Law of the Republic of Indonesia Number 22 of 2009 concerning Road Traffic and Transportation
  2. Government Regulation of the Republic of Indonesia Number 55 of 2012 concerning Vehicles
  3. Police education and training institute. 2019. Safety Riding And Safety Driving Training Module for Non-Commissioned Officers of the National Police for Technical Functions. Jakarta:
  4. Akarametagul, Patcharaphong. 2018. Safety Management for Foreigners to Prevent and Mitigate the Damage Caused by Traffic Accidents. Journal of Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research, 191, 29-37
  5. Arikunto, S. (2006). Research Procedures (A Practice Approach). Jakarta: Rineka Cipta
  6. Azwar, S. (2005). Human Attitude: Theory and Measurement. Yogyakarta : Student Library
  7. Cristiane, M,B. Maria. F,Z. Salvador. A,B. José. A,M. (2011). The Importance Of Standard Operating Procedures (Sops) For Clinical Research Centers. Clinical Research. Rev Assoc Med Bras 2011; 57(2):132-133
  8. Fahmadi, AE, Budiana, AA, Natria Ima., Tohom Frans. (2021). Traffic Safety Management To Reduce Accidents Involving Foreign Citizens. RSF Conference Series: Engineering and Technology. Volume 2 Number 2 (2022): 273-281
  9. Hadi, Sutrisno. 1991. Research methodology. Yogyakarta: Andi Offset
  10. Joewono, TB, Vandebona, U. and Susilo, YO 2015. Behavioral Causes and Categories of Traffic Violations by Motorcyclists in Indonesian Urban Roads. Journal of Transport Safety and Security, 7(2), pp. 174-197
  11. Nutsugbodo, RY, Amenumey, EK and Mensah, CA 2018. Public Transport Mode Preferences of International Tourists in Ghana: Implications for Transport Planning. Travel Behavior and Society, 11, pp. 1–8
  12. Reviani, Yulia.2017. Thesis Management Design Implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (Spo) of Nursing in Efforts to Improve the Quality of Nursing Services at Rsia Limijati Bandung
  13. Ruseffendi, HET (2010). Educational Development. Jakarta: The Open University
  14. Sanoto, Harry. 2020. Preparation of Standard Operating Procedures (Sop) at the Bengkayang Regency Education Office in the Context of Improving the Quality of Organizational Management. Journal of Education and Culture. Vol.10 No.3
  15. Sugiyono. (2017). Quantitative Research Methods, Qualitative, and R&D. Bandung: Alphabet
  16. Wedagama, Dewa Made Priyantha, I Made Kariyana, Andyka Kusuma. 2019. Responses from local residents and foreign tourists driving motorized vehicles in Bali to the speed limits on national roads. Journal of Indonesia Road Safety, 2(2), 65-75

Last update:

No citation recorded.

Last update:

No citation recorded.