PENGEMBANGAN PARIWISATA SEBAGAI UPAYA PENGENTASAN KEMISKINAN DI SEKITAR PANTAI KARTINI, KABUPATEN JEPARA
Article Metrics: (Click on the Metric tab below to see the detail)
Poverty is a complex issue that gained significant attention in Indonesia. Various strategies and programs have been carried out by the government to solve the poverty issue. However, the result is not satisfactory. One of the endeavors which conducted by the government is by initiating tourism sector to encourage the improvement of people welfare by means of good services and tourism businesses provision. This paper aims to describe the role of tourism development in improving dwelling infrastructure and providing tourism facilities, in the effort to alleviate poverty in Pantai Kartini. Examines 120 dwellings is located close to Pantai Kartini (as Zone A) and quite far from Pantai Kartini (as Zone B). This shows that tourism development in Pantai Kartini gives enough impact in reducing the number of poor people. The differences of both dwelling areas around Pantai Kartini are caused by the intensity of connectivity and easiness access between the dwelling area and the tourism area.
- Akhmat G & Khan M M. 2011. Key interventions to solve the problems of informal abodes of the third world, due to poor infrastructure. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 19, 56–60.
- Ayob N. 2003. An Analysis of Event Tourism in Malaysia. ASEAN Journal on Hospitality and Tourism, 2, 92 – 102.
- Bappeda Kabupaten Jepara. 2011. Peta Kabupaten Jepara. Kabupaten Jepara: Badan Perencanaan Pembangunan Daerah Kabupaten Jepara.
- Chamhuri NH, Karim HA, & Hamdan H. 2012. Conceptual Framework of Urban Poverty Reduction: A review of literature. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 68, 804 – 814.
- Ferreira FHG & Ravallion M. 2008. Global Poverty and Inequality: A Review of the Evidence. Policy Research Working Paper. Working Paper Series No. 4623. Washington, DC: World Bank.
- Goeldner CR & Ritchie JRB. 2003. Tourism: Principles, Practices, and Philosophies (9th Ed.). New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Henderson J, Yuzhen C, Loke F, & Teo F. 2004. Widening Accomodation Choice: The Potential of Homestay in Singapore. ASEAN Journal on Hospitality and Tourism, 3, 1 – 9.
- Haughton J & Khandker SR. 2009. Handbook on Poverty and Inequality. Washington, DC: World Bank.
- Ibrahim Y. (2004). Homestay Program in Malaysia: Development and Prospect. ASEAN Journal on Hospitality and Tourism, 3, 65 – 75.
- Lister R. 2004. Poverty. United Kingdom: Polity Press.
- Lopez JH & Serven L. 2006. A Normal Relationship? Poverty, Growth, and Inequality. Policy Research Working Paper. Working Paper Series No. 3814. Washington, DC: World Bank.
- Mason P. 2003. Tourism Impacts, Planning and Management. New York: Routledge.
- Sanchez-Paramo C. 2005. Poverty in Ecuador. En-Breve No. 71. Washington, DC: World Bank.
- Pratiwi WD, Soedarmadji N, Yanindraputri P. 2010. Place-Making for Tourism In Rural Settlements and the Institutional Collaboration. Proceeding of 3rd Arte-Polis International Conference – Creative Collaboration and the Making of Place: Learning from Shared Creative Experiences. Bandung: Institut Teknologi Bandung.
- Pratiwi WD, Astuti EY, Samsirina, & Hamida I. 2013. Urban Dwelling and Housing Adaptability: Consideration for Policy Innovation. Proceedings of HABITechno International Seminar: Innovation Housing and Settlement Technology, 62 – 74. Bandung: Institut Teknologi Bandung.
- Rashid ZA & Bashir MS. 2004. Economic Impact of Changing Tourist Profile in Malaysia: An Inter-Industrial Analysis. ASEAN Journal on Hospitality and Tourism, 3, 29 – 39.
- Roslan AH, Noor MSZ, & Mohamed AE. 2007. The Poverty Impact of The Tourism Industry: A Case Study of Langkawi Island, Malaysia. ASEAN Journal on Hospitality and Tourism, 6, 79 – 91.
- Sesotyaningtyas M, Pratiwi WD, & Harun IB. 2016. Dwelling Transformations as Residents’ Creative Efforts In Response to Tourism Development in Pantai Kartini, Indonesia. Proceeding of 6th Arte-Polis International Conference – Imagining Experiences: Creative Tourism and The Making of Place, 135 – 144. Bandung: Institut Teknologi Bandung.
- Walker JR & Walker JT. 2011. Tourism Concept and Practice. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Wilber GL. 1975. Poverty: A New Perspective. Kentucky: The University Press of Kentucky.
- Zainal NR, Kaur G, Ahmad NAA, & Khalili JM. 2012. Housing Conditions and Quality of Life of the Urban Poor in Malaysia. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 50, 827 – 838.
- http://beritadaerah.co.id/2015/07/27/prosesi-pesta-lomban-di-pantai-kartini-jepara/. Diakses pada Agustus 2015.
- http://ticjepara.com. Diakses pada Juni 2017.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to TATALOKA, Department of Urban and Regional Planning, Faculty of Engineering, Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.