PERBEDAAN HARMONI SOSIAL PENGHUNI RUMAH SUSUN DAN PENGHUNI RUMAH TAPAK DI KAWASAN TEBET, JAKARTA
Housing development has to be directed to establish a spatial community characterized by the bond among members and place attachment to their living space. The moving outside of inhabitants can be caused by low social harmony or low functional conditions of their housing. It can be happened in flats as well as in landed housing. Social harmony is the condition of the bond among inhabitants including a bond of value, a bond of feeling, and a common action. It is an important element to establish a community. This research aims are identifying the difference of social harmony between the inhabitants of flats and landed houses, as well as identifying the elements of functional conditions of housing that affect social harmony. The research design used questionnaire survey using Likert’s scale. Tebet area was chosen as the study area because there are landed houses and flats inside. The results showed that there was the difference of social harmony between the two types of housing. Social harmony in flats was lower. There are two kinds of housing functions affecting social harmony in both types of housing were economic function and service function. Hence, in housing planning besides the availability of social-economic facilities and utilities, also important to be considered about how these function running well in order to keep the social harmony among its inhabitants next come into being as a community.
- Budihardjo, E. 1997. Tata ruang perkotaan. Bandung: Penerbit Alumni.
- Hanny. 2012. Model Harmoni Lingkungan Rumah susun Menuju Komunitas Berkelanjutan. (Disertasi). Program Studi Ilmu Lingkungan, Jakarta.
- Hashim, A.H. 2003. Residential Satisfaction and Sosial Integration in Public Low Cost Housing in Malaysia. Pertanika J.Soc. Sci & Hum. 11(1):1-10. Universiti Putra Malaysia Press.
- Kusgiyarto. 2000. Pengembangan komunitas rumah susun: studi kasus rumah susun Bidaracina. Jakarta Timur. (Unpublished Master's thesis). Universitas Indonesia, Jakarta.
- Rapport, A. 1977. Human aspect of urban form towards a man-environment approach to urban form and design. New York: Pergamon Press.
- Soemirat, J. 1986. Pengaruh lingkungan perumahan terhadap kesehatan masyarakat. Jurnal Penelitian Pemukiman, Vol. II(1).
- Tampubolon, L. 1999. People in the blocks: Neighbourly relations in the rumah susun Pulo Gadung, Jakarta. Annual Report 1999, p. 16. October 23, 2010. http://rspas.anu.edu.au/booklets/anthropology/ant_AR_1999.pdf
- Tjahjono, G. 2008. Permasalahan perancangan rumah susun sederhana milik (Rusunami). Paper presented in the Workshop on: Implementasi Kebijakan Penyelenggaraan Pembangunan Rumah Susun di Kawasan Perkotaan. Sponsored by the State Ministry of Public Housing. Jakarta 20-21 August 2008.
- Undang-undang Nomor 20 Tahun 2011 tentang Rumah Susun.
- Wiranegara, H.W. 2015. Pengaruh Kondisi Rumah Susun pada Harmoni Sosial Penghuni di Rumah Susun Kemayoran. Laporan Penelitian, FTSP-Usakti.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to TATALOKA, Department of Urban and Regional Planning, Faculty of Engineering, Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.