Microwave Assisted Expeditious and Green Cu(II)-Clay Catalyzed Domino One-Pot Three Component Synthesis of 2H-indazoles
Copyright (c) 2018 Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Article Metrics: (Click on the Metric tab below to see the detail)
A simple and efficient synthesis of 2H-indazoles is achieved from 2-primary amines, bromobenzaldehydes and sodium azide through domino condensation, C–N and N–N bond formations, catalyzed by a heterogeneous Cu(II)-Clay catalyst. The recyclable heterogeneous Cu(II)-Clay catalyst exhibited a remarkable activity for the title reaction without any additives. An assortment of structurally diverse 2H-indazoles were prepared in good to excellent yields from easily available starting materials by using this protocol. The Cu(II)-Clay catalyst was characterized by using X-Ray Diffraction (XRD), Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), and Brunauer-Emmett-Teller (BET) techniques. Copyright © 2018 BCREC Group. All rights reserved
Received: 24th February 2017; Revised: 8th August 2017; Accepted: 23rd August 2017; Available online: 22nd January 2018; Published regularly: 2nd April 2018How to Cite: Dar, B.A., Safvi, S.W., Rizvi, M.A. (2018). Microwave Assisted Expeditious and Green Cu(II)-Clay Catalyzed Domino One-Pot Three Component Synthesis of 2H-indazoles. Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis, 13 (1): 82-88 (doi:10.9767/bcrec.13.1.963.82-88)
- Kharitonov, V.G., Sharma, V.S., Magde, D., Koesling, D. (1999). Kinetics and Equilibria of Soluble Guanylate Cyclase Ligation by CO: Effect of YC-1. Biochemistry, 38: 10699-10706.
- Morie, T., Harada, H., Kato, S. (1997). Convenient Synthesis of N-(2,2-dimethyl-1,3-dioxan-5-yl)-1 H-indazole-3-carboxamide, the Intermediate of 5-HT3 Receptor Antagonist. Synthetic Communication. 27: 559-566.
- Fang, Y.L., Jin, C.L., Li, J.H., Tsang, M.H., Sheng, C.T., Che, M.T., Chin, C.W., Fong, C.C., Sheng, C.K. (2001). Synthesis of 1-benzyl-3-(5‘-hydroxymethyl-2‘-furyl)indazole Analogues as Novel Antiplatelet Agents. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 44: 3746-3749.
- Bonde, N., Gaikwad. (2004). Synthesis and Preliminary Evaluation of Some Pyrazine Containing Thiazolines and Thiazolidinones as Antimicrobial Agents. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 12: 2151-2161.
- Haung, L.J., Shih, M.L., Chen, H.S., Pan, S.L., Teng, C.M., Lee, F.Y., Kuo, S.C. (2006). Synthesis of N2-(substituted benzyl)-3-(4-methylphenyl)indazoles as Novel Anti-angiogenic Agents. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 14: 528-536.
- Vijay, A.M., Antony, J.A., Chandrakumar, R.R., Koilraj, M., Sujatha, R., Shanmugsundram, P. (2008). Synthesis and Biological Activities of A Novel Series of Indazole Derivatives. Bioscience and Biotechnology Research, 5: 313-318.
- Ye, M., Edmunds, A.J., Morris, J.A., Sale, D., Zhang, Y., Yu, J.Q. (2013). A Robust Protocol for Pd(II)-catalyzed C-3 Arylation of (1H) Indazoles and Pyrazoles: Total Synthesis of Nigellidine Hydrobromide. Chemical Science, 4: 2374-2379
- Yadav, J.S., Reddy, B.V.S., Sadasive, K., Satheesh, G. (2002). 1,4-Conjugate Addition of Allyltrimethylsilane to α,β-unsaturated Ketones. Tetrahedron Letters, 43: 9695-9697.
- Kazzouli, S.E., Bouissane, L., Khouili, M., Guillaumet, G. (2005). Synthesis of 4-Substituted and 3,4-Disubstituted Indazole Derivatives by Palladium-Mediated Cross-Coupling Reactions. Tetrahedron Letters, 46: 6163-6167.
- Nathan, E.G., Liuqing, W., Gary, E.A. (2014). Regioselective Synthesis of 2H-Indazoles Using a Mild, One-Pot Condensation–Cadogan Reductive Cyclization. Organic Letters, 16: 3114-3117.
- Yuesi, F., Chunrui, W., Richard, C., Larock, Fenf.S. (2011). Synthesis of 2H-Indazoles by the [3 + 2] Dipolar Cycloaddition of Sydnones with Arynes. Journal of Organic Chemistry, 76: 8840-8851.
- Goeminne, A., Scammells, P.J., Devine, S.M., Flynn, B.L. (2010). Richter cyclization and Co-cyclization Reactions of Triazene-masked Diazonium Ions. Tetrahedron Letters, 51: 6882-6885.
- Kim, K.Y., Shin, J.T., Lee, K.S., Cho, C.G. (2004). Cu(I) Mediated One-pot Synthesis of Azobenzenes from Bis-Boc Aryl Hydrazines and Aryl Halides. Tetrahedron Letters, 45:117-120.
- Kiyofumi, I., Mika, K., Takashi, Y., Yukari, A., Kou, H., Takao, S. (2007). Synthesis of 3-substituted Indazoles and Benzoisoxazoles via Pd-catalyzed Cyclization Reactions: Application to the Synthesis of Nigellicine. Tetrahedron, 63: 2695-2711.
- Basuvaraj, S.K., Amarajothi, D., Kasi, P. (2014). K10 Montmorillonite Clays as Environmentally Benign Catalysts for Organic Reactions. Catalysis Science and Technology, 4: 2378-2396.
- Dar, B.A., Varsha, S., Amrita, B., Wagay, M.A., Baldev, S. (2015). An Expeditious N,N-dibenzylation of Anilines under Ultrasonic Irradiation Conditions Using Low Loading Cu(II)-Clay Heterogeneous Catalyst. Tetrahedron Letters, 56: 136-141.
- Dar, B.A., Nalini, P., Snehil, S., Purshotum, K., Farooqui, M., Baldev, S. (2015) Solvent-free, Scalable and Expeditious Synthesis of Benzanilides under Microwave Irradiation Using Clay Doped with Palladium Nanoparticles as A Recyclable and Efficient Catalyst. Green Chemistry Letters and Reviews, 8: 1-8.
- Dar, B.A., Sara, K., Wani, T.A., Mir, M.A., Farooqui, M. (2015). Ceria-based Mixed Oxide Supported CuO: An Efficient Heterogeneous Catalyst for Conversion of Cellulose to Sorbitol. Green and Sustainable Chemistry, 5: 15-24.
- Dar, B.A., Dangroo, N.A., Amit, G., Aarti, W., Khuroo, M.A., Vishwakarma, R.A., Baldev, S. (2014). Iodine Catalyzed Solvent-free Cross-dehydrogenative Coupling of Arylamines and H-Phosphonates for the Synthesis of N-Arylphosphoramidates under Atmospheric Conditions. Tetrahedron Letters, 55: 1544-1548.
- Dar, B.A., Amrita, B., Amit, S., Parduman, R.S., Anish, L., Singh, A.P., Meena, S., Baldev, S. (2013). Ultrasound Promoted Efficient and Green Protocol for the Expeditious Synthesis of 1,4 Disubstituted 1,2,3-triazoles Using Cu(II) Doped Clay as Catalyst. Applied Clay Science, 80–81: 351-357
- Dar, B.A., Prince, B., Singh, A.P., Anish, L., Parduman, R.S., Meena, S., Baldev, S. (2013). Clay Entrapped Cu(OH)x as An Efficient Heterogeneous Catalyst for Ipso-Hydroxylation of Arylboronic Acids. Applied Catalysis A: General, 466: 60-67.
- Mellouk, S., Cherifi, S., Sassi, M., Marouf-Khelifa, K., Bengueddach, A., Schott, J., Khelifa, A. (2009). Intercalation of Halloysite from Djebel Debagh (Algeria) and Adsorption of Copper Ions. Applied Clay Science, 44: 230-236.
- Deng, C., Hu, H., Ge, X., Han, C., Zhao, D., Shao, G. (2011). One-pot Sonochemical Fabrication of Hierarchical Hollow CuO Submicrospheres. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 18: 932-937.
- Zhao, D., Zhou, J., Liu, N. (2006). Preparation and Characterization of Mingguang Palygorskite Supported with Silver and Copper for Antibacterial Behaviour. Applied Clay Science, 33: 161-170.
- Alvarez-Puebla, R.A., Aisa, C., Blasco, J.J., Echeverría, C., Mosquera, B., Garrido, J. (2004). Copper Heterogeneous Nucleation on A Palygorskitic Clay: an XRD, EXAFS and Molecular Modeling Study. Applied Clay Science, 25:103-110
- Yong, K., Manian, R.K., Namjin, P., Yumi, H., Sunwoo, L. (2011). Copper-Catalyzed, One-Pot, Three-Component Synthesis of Benzimidazoles by Condensation and C–N Bond Formation. Journal of Organic Chemistry, 76: 9577-9583
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors and readers can copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, as well as remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, but they must give appropriate credit (cite to the article or content), provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
Copyright Transfer Agreement
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis journal and Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc., will be allowed only with a written permission from Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis journal and Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University.
Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis journal and Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.
The Copyright Transfer Form can be downloaded here: [Copyright Transfer Form BCREC 2016]
The copyright form should be signed originally and send to the Editorial Office in the form of original mail, scanned document or fax :
Prof. Dr. I. Istadi (Editor-in-Chief)
Editorial Office of Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering and Catalysis
Department of Chemical Engineering, Diponegoro University
Jl. Prof. Soedarto, Kampus Undip Tembalang, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia 50275
Telp.: +62-24-7460058, Fax.: +62-24-76480675