Preparation, Characterization, and Catalytic Property of a Cu(II) Complex with 2-Carboxybenzaldehyde-p-Toluenesulfonyl Hydrazone Ligand
Copyright (c) 2018 Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Article Metrics: (Click on the Metric tab below to see the detail)
Metal-organic complex hybrid materials constructed from carboxylate ligands and hydrazone ligands have exhibited potential application in many fields. In order to enrich the applications of the metai-organic complex materials, a new hydrazone ligand contains carboxylate group, 2-carboxybenzaldehyde-p-toluenesulfonyl hydrazone (L1), and its Cu(II) complex (C2), have been prepared. The structure of L1 was determined by elemental analysis, IR spectra and single crystal X-ray diffraction, and the composition of Cu(II) complex (C2) has also been determined by elemental analysis, IR and UV spectra. The catalytic activity for A3 coupling reaction of benzaldehyde, piperidine, and phenylacetylene has been investigated. The results show that Cu(II) complex displays a 100 % selectivity to the product of propargylamine during A3 coupling reaction and benzaldehyde conversions were 95.3, 94.2, and 93.4 % at 120 °C for 12 h in the first, second, and third reaction cycles, respectively. Copyright © 2018 BCREC Group. All rights reserved
Received: 16th March 2017; Revised: 17th July 2017; Accepted: 18th July 2017; Available online: 22nd January 2018; Published regularly: 2nd April 2018How to Cite: Tai, X.S., Li, P.F., Liu, L.L. (2018). Preparation, Characterization, and Catalytic Property of a Cu(II) Complex with 2-Carboxybenzaldehyde-p-Toluenesulfonyl Hydrazone Ligand. Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis, 13 (1): 7-13 (doi:10.9767/bcrec.13.1.1012.7-13)
- Ajlouni, A.M., Abu-Salem, Q., Taha, Z.A., Hijazi, A.K., Momani, W.A. (2016). Synthesis, Characterization, Biological Activities and Luminescent Properties of Lanthanide Complexes with [2-Thiophenecarboxylic Acid, 2-(2-Pyridinylmethylene)hydrazide] Schiff Bases Ligand. Journal of Rare Earths, 34: 986-993.
- Wang, Q., Fan, Y., Song, T.Y., Xu, J.N., Wang, J., Chai, J., Liu, Y.L., Wang, L., Zhang, L.R. (2015). In Situ Synthesis of A Series of Lanthanide Coordination Polymers Based on N-heterocyclic Carboxylate Ligands: Crystal Structure and Luminescence. Inorganica Chimica Acta, 438: 128-134.
- Song, J., Wang, J.J., Hu, H.M., Wu, Q.R., Xie, J., Dong, F.X., Yang, M.L., Xue, G.L. (2014). Syntheses, Structures and Properties of Four 3D Microporous Lanthanide Coordination Polymers Based on 3,5-Pyrazoledicarboxylate and Oxalate Ligands. Journal of Solid State Chemistry, 212: 185-190.
- Yang, Y.Q., Yang, J., Kan, W.Q., Yang, Y., Guo, J., Ma, J.F. (2013). A Series of 1D, 2D, and 3D Coordination Polymers Based on Flexible 3-Carboxy-1-Carboxymethyl-2-Oxidopyridinium and Different N-Donor Ligands – Syntheses, Structures, and Luminescent Properties. European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2013: 280-292.
- Solanki, A., Sadhu, M.H., Patel, S., Devkar, R., Kumar, S.B. (2015). Ternary Complexes of Copper(II) and Cobalt(II) Carboxylate with Pyrazole Based Ligand: Syntheses, Characterization, Structures, and Bio-activities. Polyhedron, 102: 267-275.
- Vanicek, S., Kopacka, H., Wurst, K., Vergeiner, S., Oehninger, L., Ott, I., Bildstein, B. (2015). Cobaltocenium Carboxylate Transition Metal Complexes: Synthesis, Structure, Reactivity, and Cytotoxicity. Zeitschrift für Anorganische und Allgemeine Chemie, 641: 1282-1292.
- Xu, J., Zhou, T., Xu, Z.Q., Gu, X.N., Wu, W.N., Chen, H., Wang, Y., Jia, L., Zhu, T.F., Chen, R.H. (2017). Synthesis, Crystal Structures and Antitumor Activities of Copper(II) Complexes with A 2-Acetylpyrazine Isonicotinoyl Hydrazone Ligand. Journal of Molecular Structure, 1128: 448-454.
- Ferreira, I.P., Piló, Elisa, D.L., Recio-Despaigne, A.A., Da Silva, J.G., Ramos, J.P., Marques, L.B., Prazeres, P.H.D.M., Takahashi, J.A., Souza-Fagundes, E.M., Rocha, W., Beraldo, H. (2016). Bismuth(III) Complexes with 2-Acetylpyridine- and 2-Benzoylpyridine-derived Hydrazones: Antimicrobial and Cytotoxic Activities and Effects on the Clonogenic Survival of Human Solid Tumor Cells. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 24: 2988-2998.
- Hijazi, A.K., Taha, Z.A., Ajlouni, A.M., Al-Momani, W.M., Idris, I.M., Hamra, E.A. (2017). Synthesis and Biological Activities of Lanthanide (III) Nitrate Complexes with N-(2-hydroxynaphthalen-1-yl) methylene) Nicotinohydrazide Schiff Base. Medicinal Chemistry, 13: 77-84.
- Wang, J., Qu, D., Lei, J.X., You, Z.L. (2017). Synthesis, Crystal Structures and Jack Bean Urease Inhibitory Activity of Copper(II) Complexes with 4-Bromo-N′-(2-hydroxy-5-methoxybenzylidene)benzohydrazide. Journal of Coordination Chemistry, 70: 544-555.
- Zafarian, H., Sedaghat, T., Motamedi, H., Rudbari, H.A. (2016). A Multiprotic Ditopic Thiocarbohydrazone Ligand in the Formation of Mono- and Di-nuclear Organotin(IV) Complexes: Crystal Structure, Antibacterial Activity and DNA Cleavage. Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, 825-826: 25-32.
- Kehinde, O., Joseph, A., Tolutope, S., Olanrewaju, A., Christiana, A., Kayode, A., Salih, M.S., Tadigoppula, N. (2016). Synthesis, Characterization, Theoretical Treatmentand Antitubercular Activity Evaluation of (E)-N’-(2,5-Dimethoxylbenzylidene) nicotinohydrazide and Some of Its Transition Metal Complexes Against Mycobacterium Tuberculosis, H37Rv. Oriental Journal of Chemistry, 32: 413-427.
- Kornel, R., Irena, S., Stefan, K., Dariusz, M. (2016). Carboxylate-Hydrazone Mixed-Linker Metal-Organic Frameworks: Synthesis, Structure, and Selective Gas Adsorption. European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2016: 4450-4456.
- Wen, H.R., Dong, P.P., Liang, F.Y., Liu, S.J., Xie, X.R., Tang, Y.Z. (2017). A Family of 2D Lanthanide Complexes Based on Flexible Thiodiacetic Acid with Magnetocaloric or Ferromagnetic Properties. Inorganica Chimica Acta, 455: 190-196.
- Xu, J.Q., Zheng, Y.Q., Xu, W. (2017). Synthesis, Crystal Structures, and Properties of Copper(II) Dicarboxylate Complexes with [Bis(2-pyridylcarbonyl)amido]. Russian Journal of Coordination Chemistry, 43: 63-72.
- Tai, X.S., Meng, Q.G., Liu, L.L. (2016). Synthesis, Crystal Structure and Spectroscopic Analysis of a New Sodium Coordination Polymer. Open Chemistry, 14: 274-278.
- Sadhu, M.H., Mathoniere, C., Patil, Y.P., Kumar, S.B. (2017). Binuclear Copper(II) Complexes with N3S-coordinate Tripodal Ligand and Mixed Azide-carboxylate Bridges: Synthesis, Crystal Structures and Magnetic Properties. Polyhedron, 122: 210-218.
- Miriam, N.G., Kohsuke, M., Ai, N., Yasutaka, K., Hiromi, Y. (2016). Highly Efficient Ru/carbon Catalysts Prepared by Pyrolysis of Supported Ru Complex Towards the Hydrogen Production from Ammonia Borane. Applied Catalysis A: General, 527: 45-52.
- Yang, D., Odoh, S.O., Borycz, J., Wang, T.C., Farha, O.K., Hupp, J.T., Cramer, C.J., Gagliardi, L., Gates, B.C. (2016). Tuning Zr6 Metal-Organic Framework (MOF) Nodes as Catalyst Supports: Site Densities and Electron-Donor Properties Influence Molecular Iridium Complexes as Ethylene Conversion Catalysts. ACS Catalysis, 6: 235-247.
- Thangavel, S., Boopathi, S., Mahadevaiah, N., Kolandaivel, P., Pansuriya, P.B., Friedrich, H.B. (2016). Catalytic Oxidation of Primary aromatic alcohols Using Half Sandwich Ir(III), Rh(III) and Ru(II) Complexes: A Practical and Theoretical Study. Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 423: 160-171.
- Gao, R., Zhang, M., Liang, T.L., Wang, F.S., Sun, W.H. (2008). Nickel(II) Complexes Chelated by 2-Arylimino-6-benzoxazolylpyridine: Syntheses, Charac-terization, and Ethylene Oligomerization. Organometallics, 27: 5641-5648.
- Saka, E.T., Sark, G., Kantekin, H., Koca, A. (2016). Electrochemical, Spectroelectro-chemical and Catalytical Properties of New Cu(II) and Co(II) Phthalocyanines. Synthetic Metals, 214: 82-91.
- Tai, X.S., Liu, L.L., Yin, J. (2014). Synthesis, Crystal Structure of Tetra-Nuclear Macrocyclic Cu(II) Complex Material and Its Application as Catalysts for A3 Coupling Reaction. Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Materials, 24(6): 1014-1020.
- Tai, X.S., Liu, L.L. (2015). Synthesis, Crystal Structure of a Mg(II) Complex Materials and Its Application as Catalysts for A3 Coupling Reaction. The Open Materials Science Journal, 9: 1-5.
- Wang, L.H., Liang, L., Wang, X. (2017). Synthesis, Structural Characterization, and Catalytic Activity of A Cu(II) Coordination Polymer Constructed From 1,4-Phenylenediacetic Acid and 2,2’-Bipyridine. Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis, 12: 113-118.
- Sheldrick, G.M. (1997). SHELXL-97, Program for Crystal Structure Solution. University of Göttingen: Göttingen, Germany.
- Sheldrick, G.M. (1997). SHELXTL-97, Program for Crystal Structure Refinement. University of Göttingen: Göttingen, Germany.
- Nakamoto, K. (1978). Infrared and Ramen Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds. 3rd ed.; John Wiley and Sons: New York, NY, USA, Volume 1, pp. 359-368.
- Wang, L.H., Tai, X.S. (2016). The Synthesis and Crystal Structure of Two New Hydrazone Compounds. Crystals, 6: 57
- Borah, B.J., Borah, S.J., Saikia, L., Dutta, D.K. (2014). Efficient Three-component Coupling Reactions Catalyzed by Cu0-nanoparticles Stabilized on Modified Montmorillonite. Catal. Sci. Technol., 4: 1047-1054.
- Liu, L.L., Tai, X.S., Zhang, N.N., Meng, Q.G., Xin, C.L. (2016). Supported Au/MIL-53(Al): a reusable green solid catalyst for the three-component coupling reaction of aldehyde, alkyne, and amine. Reac. Kinet. Mech. Catal., 119: 335-348.
- Liu, L.L., Tai, X.S., Zhou, X.J., Liu, L.J. (2017). Synthesis, Post-modification and Catalytic Properties of Metal-organic Framework NH2-MIL-53(Al). Chem. Res. Chinese University, 33(2): 231-238.
- Gholinejad, M., Saadati, F., Shaybanizadeh, S., Pullithadathil, B. (2016). Copper Nanoparticles Supported on Starch Micro Particles as A Degradable Heterogeneous Catalyst for Three-component Coupling Synthesis of Propargylamines. RSC Advances. 6: 4983-4991.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors and readers can copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, as well as remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, but they must give appropriate credit (cite to the article or content), provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
Copyright Transfer Agreement
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis journal and Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc., will be allowed only with a written permission from Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis journal and Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University.
Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis journal and Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.
The Copyright Transfer Form can be downloaded here: [Copyright Transfer Form BCREC 2016]
The copyright form should be signed originally and send to the Editorial Office in the form of original mail, scanned document or fax :
Prof. Dr. I. Istadi (Editor-in-Chief)
Editorial Office of Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering and Catalysis
Department of Chemical Engineering, Diponegoro University
Jl. Prof. Soedarto, Kampus Undip Tembalang, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia 50275
Telp.: +62-24-7460058, Fax.: +62-24-76480675